I know, I know, I haven't posted anything in a while. Here's the scoop - we have spent the last two and half weeks convincing Nicholas that school is an okay place to be. The first week of school he caught a virus that caused his stomach to cramp up. He got so bad, that we took him into the emergency room...three hours, two x-rays, one popsicle and a $75.00 copay later, they believe it was a virus that was causing his problems. He had trouble sleeping for a number of nights - he would wake up groaning and holding his stomach. He stayed home one day from school and then spent the next week not wanting to go back. Each morning and most evenings he would say "I don't want to go to school; Is today a half day?; Can you pick me up today?; I'm sick." He didn't like when I would say that he had to go and that, no, I wasn't going to pick him up. Other than a couple of bad days, his teacher said he was doing good at school and that he was getting happier. Finally, this week, we have gone two days without a negative comment (of course now that I said it, he'll come home and say he doesn't want to go :). He has been really excited the last few school nights, especially after his class won a donut party for bringing in the highest percentage of pledges per student. He's also talking about the other kids in the class and showing us what they have been working on during the day. Here's hoping that he continues to enjoy things at school.
We have spent the last few weeks trying to enjoy the beautiful weather that we have been having. Summer doesn't want to let go just yet, even if the calendar says it is fall, and that is okay with us!
Tyler in the tree in the backyard:
Daddy and Marisa on the swing set:
The kids by one of the bushes that is starting to turn color:

Another picture by the bushes:

The boys "flying" off the swings in the backyard:

The boys also spent this past Saturday at the Gopher Football game with Tom, Kris and their kids. They watched the Golden Gophers beat the Florida Atlantic University Owls by a score of 37-3. As Tyler said, "The Owls are going to lose, Who? Who? Who?" They enjoyed watching the band play on the field and Goldy the Gopher, who had to do push-ups every time our team scored.
Tyler and Nicholas at the game:
The marching band at the Gopher game:
Gophers kicking an extra point after scoring a touchdown:
Nicholas enjoying his treat from Aunt Kris:
Tyler also got a treat from Aunt Kris:

As you can see, we've had an eventful couple of weeks. We are starting to get used to a new school year routine. Tyler has started hockey practices so the next few, okay six, months will be filled with trips to the arena, and stinky laundry for Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment